PDA

View Full Version : NEPA study on Lefthand Canyon - July 29 - 6 to 8 pm

Waverous
July 15th, 2004, 09:08 AM
The Boulder Ranger District is starting to take public comment on the future of the Left Hand area. Here is alink (http://www.cohvco.org/landuse/Lefthand_Canyon_OHV_Area_Initial_Scoping_2004-07-12.pdf) to the information posted by COHVCO. READ THE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO RESPOND CAREFULLY! The ranger district took time to point out that they ignore responses that do not follow this format!
Open houses are scheduled for:

July 29 - 6 to 8 pm @ Boulder Ranger District Office
Aug 4 - 6 to 8 pm @ Longmont Public Library

Stay tuned for additional information, but please plan to attend the open houses.

MountainJeep
July 15th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Just got my package in the mail yesterday..I will respond in short order...likely wait for results from todays meeting.

Bill

Camp
July 15th, 2004, 09:44 AM
I have a stupid question for this. My hand writing is less than excellent and the lines provided on their form are thick with small spacing. It says that we may include extra pages if necessary but, I wish to not write on the printed version of there form at all. I wish to type. Does anyone see a problem with this? I was just thinking I could write on there form to see attached pages.

Waverous
July 15th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I don't see a problem with that

1BGDOG
July 15th, 2004, 06:31 PM
printed mine off and will reply. MSG

Waverous
July 16th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Here is the information that needs to addressed in any response to the Boulder Ranger District.
Be sure to have every member of your club send in a comment(s) letter.
Examples:

I/we want a designated route system in LH that includes the area known as Carnage Canyon.
I/we would be willing to help on work projects to help restore the resource damages.
We want you to protect the natural resources of the area.
I want you to close LH to all shooting; it is becoming very dangerous to all users.
I/we want the area known as Carnage Canyon to remain open and the resource damage restored. I/we would be willing to help on work projects to accomplish this goal.
Our club/organization will be willing to adopt a designated road in LH.
I/we should like to see trails designated exclusively for dirt bikes and [*}ATV's with roads designated exclusively for 4x4's. All trails/roads should have a variety of difficulty, from easy to difficult.
I/we would be willing to help out as Trail Hosts.
I/we would like to see more law enforcement in LH to help stop the resource damage done by irresponsible people.
I/we would like to see access restored to Fairview Peaks.
I/we would like to see the NFS re-route roads and trails around all private property.
I/we would like to see the Boulder /Ranger District and the Arapahoe National Forest put more road maintenance dollars into LH.
I/we would like to see the possibility of land exchanges with private property owners that would eliminate conflicts.
I/we would like to see the Boulder Ranger District host a series of meetings between the landowners, NFS personnel, and OHVers to discuss solutions to conflict problems.
Our club/organization will be willing to be week-end hosts once a month.

OK, this it, everyone says they are concrned and are willing to help but when push comes to shove, we loose numbers when it is muost import to so numbers. Please use this templet to write your correspondence to the FS using the .pdf file on the COHVCO site

vb
July 16th, 2004, 10:22 PM
as you respond to these be sure to include a better "why" then "cause i want it"

signage for example: what would it say?where would it go? what do you think the purpose is for the signs? some says might inicate what trail and where some might be educational ,some might describe edicate.
if there have been any studies done that show what number of people stop and pay attention as verses areas with no signs etc.
i remember somewhere a book or something years ago that said something ablut "the peter principle"??? any way they talked about thinks like the lines in paking lots etc and actually studies the herding of folks with things like those lines.

Big Dave
July 17th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I should be able to make the open house on the 29th. Bout time I've finally been able to get to one of these!!!