PDA

View Full Version : KM2s

Conrad
January 18th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Gotta say my old MTRs > KM2s in the snow!!!!

That is all

6thelement
January 19th, 2008, 12:25 AM
how about all around ?

Conrad
January 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Thats all I have to report...

Oh and they balance out like nothing I have ever seen on a 37...

1 tire has 1 .75 ounce weight.

zmtnbik
January 24th, 2008, 01:55 AM

That is all
I can only compare my KM2's to the BFG Trail rated tires (OEM Tacoma) and at first thought they were crap. Once I got the KM2's sipped, they are much better than the OEM BFG's in the snow....night and day difference.

If you haven't gotten your KM2's sipped, I'd recommend it.

JimhatTJ
January 24th, 2008, 07:18 AM
the new km2's kick butt in the snow, on the road they are extreamly quite and i have 1 that only took .5oz to balance!

im running them at 25psi on the street. being load rated D on a TJ more than 25psi they will wearout the center lugs faster.

Conrad
January 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM
yeah I probably need to deflate them a bit... think they are around 35...

JimhatTJ
January 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
yeah I probably need to deflate them a bit... think they are around 35...

put them down to 25 and u will see a hugh difference. i noticed a big difference between 25 and 30, they dont bounce now and are really nice

zmtnbik
January 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm running 30psi in my Taco...when I checked the air after getting them mounted at Discount, they had it at 38 :tisk: ...what the heck are they inflating to 38!

FJBen
January 31st, 2008, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you need to get the KM2's siped to perform in the snow/ice?

Anyone with experience between KM2's vs. Trxxus or Toyo M/T's?

noahfecks
March 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Who gives a crap how they perform on the street!!!!!:flipoff2: Anyone have info about how they perform offroad? Rocks? Mud?

OrangeCrush
March 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Sounds like you need to get the KM2's siped to perform in the snow/ice?

Anyone with experience between KM2's vs. Trxxus or Toyo M/T's?

I love my Toyo M/T's perform great in snow/ice/rocks

kPs
March 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
I love my Toyo M/T's perform great in snow/ice/rocks

X2 there.

JimhatTJ
March 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
My KM2's kicked some butt up on eagle rock on sat. was some deep snow!

SUPERGILDO43
March 3rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
My KM2's kicked some butt up on eagle rock on sat. was some deep snow!

you think so because you are from texas and dont know any better :lolly:

Gotlift91
March 5th, 2008, 10:58 AM
That's good to know that they are good in the snow. I was wondering how they would do since they are similar to the Krawlers. All I gotta say is Krawlers SUCK ASS in the snow!

Natron
December 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Any feeback on these in packed snow/ slush on the road?

I am in the process of getting some new tires for my TJ that is a DD and am torn between these and maybe a set of BFG AT.

Thanks,

JimhatTJ
December 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Any feeback on these in packed snow/ slush on the road?

I am in the process of getting some new tires for my TJ that is a DD and am torn between these and maybe a set of BFG AT.

Thanks,

drove about 20 miles last night from my parents place in Falcon back to my place in the springs. had all kinds of different snow/slush, i was in 2wd all the way home and never spun a tire.

was even able to back up my driveway in 2wd without spinning and had about 3inches on my driveway:beer:

ni0h
December 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM
So far, spec-fscking-tacular on deep snow. On the packed icy stuff, they seem to need siping, though I've been warned that siping makes them very susceptible to chunking. I've decided to adjust my driving to compensate.
X2 on run their pressure down a bit. I'm at 20 and still crowning a bit, though they're 35x12.5-15 on 7.

Conrad
December 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I love these tires now..

MtnRunner
December 15th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Mine have been good in snow so far. On the Ice, not so good, but what Muds are. I run 28PSI on street and 9PSI on trail. They have a real stiff sidewall. They have hooked up great offroad so far when aired down low. Not aired down they are horrible offroad.

JeepWheelin02
December 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM

That is all

I love these tires now..

So what changed?

Conrad
December 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM
So what changed?

Just the air pressure I am using...

I always ran my MTRs at 35... I run these 25-28 now

JimhatTJ
December 17th, 2008, 09:21 AM
yep these have a higher load rate. and thicker sidewall.

i run mine at 25 on the street. and 8-10 on the trail.

Kirby N.
December 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
How are your KM2s wearing? What kind of miles do you have on them? I know Jimhat has had his a while.

I had a set on my old LJ and loved them, but I am hesitant to put some on my current jeep if they won't go over 25k miles.

Thanks!

JimhatTJ
December 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Sold my km2S when I went to 39.5s. Parents still running them and doing great. But they only have like 3000 miles on them

Kirby N.
December 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info James. I dig the look of them. May have to try another set in 315x75x16. If I remember right they had a high load rating like you mentioned. Lower pressures would have probably made me like them more.

JimhatTJ
December 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Yea I was running them on the street at 23-25 and 8 on trail

Camp
December 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I currently have KM2's on my dually and they seem to be very quiet and work well in the snow and ice. I have to think you would get far more than 25K miles out of them on a light jeep since the Dodge guys are reporting more than 40K on duallies with them. My dually weighs 8200lbs where as a Jeep is right around the 4000lbs mark I believe, maybe just a little over.

mushroomax
December 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I have the new BFG T/A KM2's on my TJ. I have been going up Old Stage Coach to include Eagle Rock after every fresh snow for the past month to see how they do....I think they stink (no matter what PSI I'm running) when compared to my previous set, the old Goodyear MTR's.

I also have a pair of Goodyear MTR's w/kevlar on my Tahoe. It handles just like a truck due to no weight in the back but I have had no problem in snow on or offroad.

I am only commenting on my experience with these tires in the snow on the vehicles they are currently on.

ColoradoRaptor
May 20th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Been runnin a set of 315/75R16's for about a year now and I can say these KM2's are awesome all the way around!! :hail: I run them 25psi on the street and 10psi offroad. I have no complaints what so ever, I have always enjoyed BFG's! I am however going to try something different ????? something I have yet to see on a rock crawler ;) that is when these BFG's wear out....... not because I am unhappy with these BFG's but because they are new and I want to check'em out :D

in4aride
June 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'm with mushroommax. I had a set of km2's on my 'xj' and a week later sold em to get kevlars again. The km2's can't hold rocks laterally and even at 8psi felt and acted like 18psi (jimhat yiu saw hiw stiff they looked on my 'xj' dropping Indy for the first time) I'll stick with the mtr's for sure.

Rubicon Guy
June 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
i run the KM2's on my 04 rubicon. i think there a great tire, they do great in snow and on dry rock there awsome. they just wear a little quick, but i think my problem was a combo of air pressure and alignment. jimhat is right about the air pressure.