PDA

View Full Version : Fabtech 6" Long Arm Fit

Badcbr
August 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Hello All -

A couple weeks ago I installed the Fabtech 6" Long Arm Kit and so far, I'm very pleased with it. I've been out a few times since the install and it's performed great, lots of flex. It took most of the weekend to install it, this can vary depending on how picky you are when cleaning up the frame after you cut off the lower control arm pockets. The only thing I didn't like about the install is they didn't number or define some of the parts, so it made for a little trial and error on some of the smaller pieces. The kit came with everything, which included the shocks, SYE and new drive shaft.
Everything went well and seems to work great, I will post anything that may or may not happen.

Backwoods Rambler
August 10th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I surprised at how complete the kit sounds. :thumbsup: Do you feel like some of those extra's were competatively priced since they were uncluded in the kit? That's a BIG convenience factor, I wish more MFG's did this.

Badcbr
August 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Yes, I am very please with how complete it was, they did however forget to provide torque specs for the rear arms in the instructions. I used the same spec as the front but did call Fabtech to clarify and it took awhile for them to figure it out but they did give me one, the rear upper and lower connect together in the front on the subframe so I wanted to make sure I had that right.
I don't know how long term is with the lift but I would recommend it to anyone that asks, I have been told that it's easier to put on then the RE Long Arm kit but this I don't know. I also love the way it rides, much better then the stock ride... :thumbsup: