PDA

View Full Version : up date on left hand canyon distruction

stuart
October 6th, 2003, 01:04 PM
I just recieved an email from colorado 4x4 association that the forest service has gotten the FBI involved and that they followed the tractor tracks back to the peoples house that has done the damage. Can't tell you who or any more at this time.

JeepGirl
October 6th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks and keep us posted.

jwtrapper
October 6th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Good deal when they get to me I will make sure to give them the royal treatment. :D

RockcrawlingTJ a.k.a. Justin
October 6th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Heck yeah! I wannt go to the trial! Dang fuggers!!!

Hope they rot in HELL!!!

JB

SNOWMAN
October 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM
That is the best thing I've heard all day!

graemlins/bounce.gif

I'm wondering why the local authorities or forest rangers for that matter couldn't follow some tractor tires. :rolleyes: Maybe somebody needs to send the FBI out to Barking Dog. haha.

[ October 06, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: SNOWMAN ]

jwtrapper
October 6th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I get them after the trial

toy283
October 6th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SNOWMAN:
I'm wondering why the local authorities or forest rangers for that matter couldn't follow some tractor tires. :rolleyes: Maybe somebody needs to send the FBI out to Barking Dog. haha. I think it would have to do with jurisdictions. The trail is federal property (NFS), thus any crime committed on it would be federal, even if the perpetrators retreated to private land. Forest Rangers don't have any jurisdiction off the NFS land, even in this case, the FBI does.

[ October 06, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: toy283 ]

Backcountry Colorado
October 6th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear that. Hopefully, something will come out of this. Regardless if we use the trail or not, it was a shame to see the destruction up on Fairview.

hjeepxj
October 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Good news!

If there does end up being a trial for thes sob's, we should all go to it :D

Andy
October 6th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Yippee, that gives me warm fuzzies!

I was awefully PO'd when I saw that crud where they were trying to claim 4 wheeler's did that, it's nice to see the justice system working as it should.

I'm fairly certain it's a jurisdictional thing with the FBI being there, plus I imagine it will make for a much stronger case against these A-holes with the FBI there... The truth is out there! :D

Comfortably Numb
October 6th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by toy283:
Forest Rangers don't have any jurisdiction off the NFS land, even in this case, the FBI does. Actually USFS LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers) have the same police powers as any other federal cop. The FBI has more people & resources to investigate and prosecute, that's why they would be called in. It's also possible that the FBI was already involved for another reason. This destruction could've been to cover up another crime or slow down the law from another investigation.

Lounge Lizard
October 6th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Could it be that the bad guy will actually get caught? RIGHT ON!

I wonder if the "FREE THINKERS" are reading this, just in case they get some stupid idea's of there own........... graemlins/thefinger.gif

flexychevy
October 7th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Someone needs to get all this on the T.V,just prove to people that the person's that where fighting about the land getting destroyed,destroyed it to keep people out.I think it would make a great bit for the news.

Joker
October 7th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Have any of you been to his website latley?

It has gone through some changes.....for the better I think.

http://home.comcast.net/~balarat/ranch.html

hjeepxj
October 7th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Joker:
Have any of you been to his website latley?

It has gone through some changes.....for the better I think.

http://home.comcast.net/~balarat/ranch.html hah, none of their threads they post work :D

RockcrawlingTJ a.k.a. Justin
October 7th, 2003, 02:24 AM
That site still looks pretty slanted to me - what an arrogant prick...

supernatural
October 7th, 2003, 02:31 AM
yeeehaaaw! mark one for the good guys!

Eric
October 7th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Yeah it's a shame Mark's links don't work again, bummer huh? None of the topics/posts were deleted but his unauthorized links just don't seem to work... what a shame :D Good to see MHJC is protecting their photos too. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Good news on the vandalism investigation, hopefully we'll see an official announcement sometime soon.

I'm moving this topic to the Land Use Issues forum.

Grandpa Jeep
October 7th, 2003, 03:15 AM
He's still using Backcountry Colorado's pictures though. What's the latest on getting them taken down?

Murfman
October 7th, 2003, 03:21 AM
It is too early to make accusations about who did this, but surely the likely suspects must include Mile-Hi Jeep Club officer Vernon Brandt, who has a history of making threats aimed at landowners. Brandt has spent the last four years attempting to generate animosity toward property onwers in the area. On Sunday, June 25, 2000, Vernon and his vigilantes destroyed dozens of trees on the Balarat Creek Ranch, and then tried to blame it on the owners. Just a few days before the recent vandalism on Fairview Peak, Vernon publicly threatened to take a backhoe to another local landowner's property. Vernon Brandt solicited help from other vigilantes.
He even specified the kind of heavy equipment he planned to use. We urge the U.S Forest Service to investigate Vernon Brandt.
now, this to me is lible, if vb never said it.

Mystikal
October 7th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by SNOWMAN:

I'm wondering why the local authorities or forest rangers for that matter couldn't follow some tractor tires. little forensic investigation. may not have been as obvious as you think... FBI has a forensic team that does that stuff all day long.

TJTim
October 7th, 2003, 04:44 AM
I contacted TheDenverChannel, Channel 7 about this damage today and the update of the FBI involvement. Kurt Silver immediately emailed me back and called me for more information. He has already called into the FBI and wants to cover the story. Those of you who have first-hand knowledge and accurate/detailed information may want to contact him to share it. Let's flip this picture the other direction and paint a bad one of the tree-huggers for the public to see. I'm tired of all the bad press about the people who OHV in the Forest Service land.

Joker
October 7th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by TJTim:
I contacted TheDenverChannel, Channel 7 about this damage today and the update of the FBI involvement. Kurt Silver immediately emailed me back and called me for more information. He has already called into the FBI and wants to cover the story. Those of you who have first-hand knowledge and accurate/detailed information may want to contact him to share it. Let's flip this picture the other direction and paint a bad one of the tree-huggers for the public to see. I'm tired of all the bad press about the people who OHV in the Forest Service land. Wow!!.....this could get very interesting!!

Right on!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

supernatural
October 7th, 2003, 05:30 AM
yeeehaaaaw!!! git um boys!!

Mr Zed
October 7th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Good job graemlins/thumbsup.gif

vb
October 7th, 2003, 11:44 AM
tj tim!
id like to meet with the tv dude and take him uo there. any time is fine just set it up and tell me when. i might suggest that you call brian or paul at the boulder ranger district and tell them about this and see if they have a press release. i believe that the last i talked with brian that they were ready for one.
nice work!! the channel nine folks have been hideing from me.

vb
October 7th, 2003, 11:58 AM
update
just talked with Adam.Schrager@9news.com and he thought that 9 might be interested and requested some pictures and a description of what was happening up there. if youd like since you already have this going on your more than welcome to send him that email as well
let me know
vb

[ October 08, 2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: vb ]

WrathofCon
October 7th, 2003, 12:06 PM
I emailed 9 news the night I seen their one sided segment on it. Just stating that any responsible report or segment would need to have voices from both sides of the issue.

They emailed me back twice, the second time, say'n they may have made a mistake not getting an interview with any of the road users, and only the land owners. Just a further FYI on it all anyways.....

I will be pay pal'n your attorney some funds, as soon as I get some to give, maybe another week or so. I hope other are as well. What we really need is a media consultant, maybe one in each state if possible. Although I am not the biggest fan of media consultant types, they do serve a purpose for their interested parties.

vb
October 7th, 2003, 12:24 PM
mailto:Adam.Schrager@9news.com

should get the mail to the correct person. he did say that he was going to do more on this. however the more includes the boulder transportation department and mark udall :eek: .
might be worth a well thought out email or two

[ October 08, 2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: vb ]

Mr Zed
October 7th, 2003, 06:02 PM
BTT

Hobo Willy
October 8th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by vb:
adamschrager@9news.com

should get the mail to the correct person. he did say that he was going to do more on this. however the more includes the boulder transportation department and mark udall :eek: .
might be worth a well thought out email or two It the BD angle going to played into this?

Gunter
October 8th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by vb:
adamschrager@9news.com

might be worth a well thought out email or two VB,that guy is saying some awful serious crap about ya.(from the link in the post above)does he know you cant say stuff like that because you dont like someone?what a moron.we are aparently are having a battle of wits with an unarmed person! graemlins/old_glory.gif

TJTim
October 8th, 2003, 01:21 PM
A manager at Channel 7 emailed me and they are seriously investigating the damage to Lefthand. He wants me to work on a contact list of the offroad community. They want people that use (or used) the area regularly or on occassion, and people with first hand knowledge of the area and the damage (if possible). Email me your information and I will provide it to Channel 7 for their story. No gossip or second-hand "testifiers" please.

bsaunder
October 8th, 2003, 04:55 PM
I would be sure to get Brian (I think thats his name ) from the Forest service on that list too.

Phazertwo A.K.A Brenden
October 8th, 2003, 05:44 PM
this is sweet, i hope they nail the pricks that did this to the wall!!

vb
October 8th, 2003, 05:59 PM
hey folks
i just wanted to stop by and let you know that its not the fbi. the forest service does have a special investagator. its just not the fbi.
brian
from what i understand is not really involved much at this point. its a really big item for the forest service and its moved much higher up the chain of comand. for the most part the front desk 303 541 2500 and the folks there can direct your calls to the proper folks.
we might be jumpin in on their deal if we get the media all razed up to soon. and my experiance so far with the media is that they dont always portray the truth and generally have a bias against users of the forest.
as for mark
it apears that he is geting more and more brazen. hes a deperate little feller, and yup almost everything he has on his site is a lie. however he also knows that i am powerless to do anything about it. you see, justice is not about right and wrong- its about who has the most money especially in boulder county.
like i said before it appers that he has changed his mind again to say that we cut down trees instead of that he was thinning them. actually the day we went up to clear the obstructions we had an emergency with one of the children up there that had asthma. we clear the road just enough to pass and get the kid down to get meds. we had no time at all to waist cutingdown anything
on other sites where boslough has had a more sympathetic audiance he has bragged about all the trees and rocks and damage that he did to keep the public out. yup boslough lies and the folks that he wants most to believe him are growing tired of him and have no respect or trust for him and he has completely lost it.
again id like to ask any of you with printers to copy his site from time to time so that we can document the sways of his rants and the everchangeing "facts"
thanks
vb