PDA

View Full Version : What did they do to Jenny Creek?

Jeep-in-dna
October 4th, 2003, 04:34 PM
I headed up to Jenny Creek this saturday October 4 and when I was heading up to the first obstacle there was a huge rock sitting off to the side of the road a little in the way especially if you have a full size vehicle. As I got closer to it I was wondering where did the rock come from, and then I realized that it was the rock that used to be in the middle of the road that made the obstacle more difficult. So the rock was ripped out and the hole was filled in with smaller rocks. the obstacle is a lot easier now except for the fact that you have to squeeze through the big rock and the ledge off to the left. Does anyone know how this happened and why. I am kind of curious to know why.

thanks
Matt

Digger
October 5th, 2003, 02:37 AM
Because people modify the trail to suit their rig... graemlins/flipoff.gif

jdogg4
October 5th, 2003, 04:23 AM
what the one right after the creek?

Waverous
October 5th, 2003, 05:22 AM
So lets restore the obstacle to its original position

Jeep-in-dna
October 5th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by jdogg4:
what the one right after the creek? Yes the one right after the creek. And yeah I think we should restore the obstacle back to its original. How in the heck did they rip it out though the rock is huge and it's a pain to move you need a winch or tow strap. The obstacle is narrow now but once you manuver through the rock the obstacle rates about as difficult as the rest of the trail. I would rate it about a 5 on the scale at most.

Cliffy [ JD ]
October 5th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Digger@Astro:
Because people modify the trail to suit their rig... graemlins/flipoff.gif How LAME does their rig have to be!! I made it through with my STOCK XJ ?!?!?!

Comfortably Numb
October 5th, 2003, 10:33 AM
I have some problems with this.

Has anyone contacted the USFS to ask about what happened here? It certianly doesn't appear so. How do you know that they didn't do it? Don't be assuming anything, get the facts.

As has been clearly stated several times, our foes come to this site to gather incriminating information on us. A couple of the posts in this thread are going to make them extremely happy.

Colorado 5.9
October 5th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Don't get me wrong here. If someone pulled it out they souldn't have, but if your talking about the rock my back tire is on in this photo then I can't see how it's easier. This was taken a year ago this last June. In that run it was very easy to go around. What had made it easy is that the pathway up had been widened by about three feet compared to what it was in 2000. The tree that used to be on the right side had been taken out/run over. There was allso a huge rock that was on the right just to the side of the pathway that was gone. The Jenny Creek sign had been pulled out. Things like that to make it wider. There was a thread that I can't find anywhere that this was talked about early this summer or late last. I posted pics of before & after. I can't find it anywhere now. The damb search only finds 72 of my 210 posts :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p691c70bda9394d86db7c6e5787f92731/fd96cccd.jpg

Jeep-in-dna
October 5th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Yeah the rock that your back tire is on but it is torn out and moved to about where the guy is sitting off to the left. And where the guy is standing off to the right you cant put your tire there it was washed away slowly from the run off in the beginning of the summer and is now lose rocks. I didn't have any problem with the obstacle but a guy in a Dodge ram did.

[ October 05, 2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: JEEP-IN-DNA ]

Yeeper
October 6th, 2003, 02:46 AM
What a bunch of f'in crap! I ran that sheite in a stock YJ a couple of years ago! The trail was perfect as it was! :mad:

DAMNIT!!!!! That pisses me off!!!!!